Saturday, November 15, 2008
Catching up
Well a week has gone by that I have been unemployeed....needless to say, it has not gotten any better. I have sent out resume after resume for no return calls. I thought I had decided to hold out till after the first of the year to get a job but it dont look like that is going to be a real option. When Arrow filed for bankruptcy they had stated that they would start our unemployment filings on the last day. Well on Wed, I had called to see if that was true, of course not! So I filed and now since I am in school I have to fill out some form and they have to review it, setting me back about 2 weeks before I can start to get paid. I just dont get it! Arrow sold our no compete clauses so we cant work pretty much anywhere that has to deal with the automotive industry. I feel like I have been sold like a slave! So I sit here no money and non coming in anytime soon. Another thing is that I have decided to cash in my 401K, I know not the smartest, and I have to wait for Arrow to sign off on that as well. Im sure that will be done in a timley manner. NOT! And to top things off Arrow was supposed to pay us for some spiff parts that we sold, and an extra weeks commission. Well I didnt get either on my paycheck friday! I just dont see how the owner can sleep at night knowing that people are going to lose everything that they have worked so hard to get, and he is going to be able to keep EVERYTHING! Plus still have a job! OK, to switch to a happy note! I have mentioned Gary before. I honestly dont know how I would get thru all this without him. He is such a great guy. Since I am going to be cashing in my 401K Gary is going to help me keep afloat untill I either get a job or my money from that. The other morning when leaving his house he had set me out a set of keys. I thought I was going to cry. I guess over the past few years I have grown acustomed to someone not wating to share anything that they had with me. Now I have a great guy, who loves my son, willing to share his life and posessions, and wants to help me out when needed. Can it get any better??? It sure dont seem like it! I think I had forgotten what it was like to be happy, and I am that for sure!!! I think that Trenton is too! He has been so much happier, sleeping by himself almost all night, and ask Gary to cary him from time to time. So maybe that is my silver lining to this cloud! Well I am off to go do some more cleaning. Check back soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment