Monday, December 1, 2008

My year is full of "NEW" everything!!!!


Its funny to me how when things are going bad and you think that you have reached the bottom of the barrell...its really hard to stop to think that things will get better. I know, I have been there most of the year this year. But this Thanksgiving, there have been a whole set of "NEW"" for me that I am so thankfull for! On Wed before Thanksgiving, Gary and I went out to Longview lake to watch the fireworks display. We had no kids, and as we sat there, we felt guilty doing something that they would of liked as well. But it was a great night, sitting in the truck wrapped around his arm watching the fireworks. We had tried to sit outside on the tailgate, but since we are not so smart sometimes we didnt take coats...so it was a little chilly! After that we drove around for a while talking and just enjoying each others company! What a great night!!!

On Thanksgiving, Gary, Holley and I went to my aunts house for dinner, then off to his moms to visit. Nothing spectacular, but it was nice to have the feel of a family again. Although we didnt have Trenton for dinner at my aunts, we had him when we went to go to Gary's moms. Oh did I mention that for some reason the KC star was not delivered to Odessa....come on, I know its a ways out there but gesh!!!!

Friday morning I got up bright and early....ok, well it wasnt bright...cause the sun is not up at 3AM!!! But me and my dad went out to brave the crazies shopping on black friday! Me and my dad dont do a whole lot together but this was one thing that we have been doing since Trenton was born. I love the time that we spend together! I have the best family!

Saturday, Gary's friend Rob came out like he does every saturday. Its funny that they have been friends since they were in preschool, and make time atleast one day of the weekend to spend together....NO WHY DONT WE DO THAT!!!! hahaha...sorry I think he person that was inteded to knows who I am talking about! But....while they hung garage doors and whatever else they did, I took the kiddos to Wal mart and then back home to play. I left to go back to my duplex in the early afternoon so that I could clean up, but my mom, God love her!, had already been by, cleaned up my house and let my dog out! did I mention that I had the BEST family!!!! Then Saturday night my parents wanted to keep Trenton since they dont get to see him NEAR as much as they used to,....so we dropped him off. Gary, Holley and I went out to a friends house, did some BSing had a few (to many) drinks and just enjoyed the company!

Sunday rolls around and we have NOTHING planned for once....normally we dont have both kids on Sunday so we got up, went and got trenton, went and ate then off to Burr Oak Woods. My aunt used to take me and my cousing there when we were about Trenton and Holleys age....they loved it....just as I used to. I cant wait for spring so that we can go walking on the trails. Then home to try and take a nap...YEAH RIGHT!!! In the evening we decided to put up the Christmas tree...Here is the finished product...and my two little monkeys!!! I will have to come back and post the pics, my computer wont let me!

1 comment:

Bonsignore Family said...

sounds like your weekend was packed! i hope that comment was INTENDED for ME!!! the kids are cute and looking sooooo ready for santa!!!